Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it obviously changes from day to day, but i'm currently digging the fact that our most important players are all very happy to be in toronto. we ride a vicious "raptor" roller coaster in this city, so it makes it considerably easier to be a fan when you know that the players are at least happy to be around.

vince, jalen, bosh, marshall, mo pete, alvin- even arch, baxter, palacio, curry and mason- are all happy to be raptors. hearing various malcontents around the league (like van exel, franchise, even mcgrady) voice complaints about their respective "predicaments" gets real tiresome REAL fast.

i'm glad that we don't have to deal with that distraction here (lamond murray notwithstanding).

what about you? what are you digging about raptors fandom?

peace
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
ballocks starting a thread.. must be a special occasion! ;)

I'm happy that we have a healthy Vince leading us.
I'm happy that the team is buying-into our new coaching system.
I'm happy that we are in the playoff hunt.

But my favourite thing about being a Raptors fan is cheering for someone as promising and genuine as Chris Bosh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
Well im also very happy that VC is staying healthy
Im also happy that our rookie player is one of the top 3 or 4 on the roster
and im happy that KO is being an impactful coach for our ball club
and of course im happy that were looking for a playoff run
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I'm just god damn happy that if we get into the playoffs we will have a good chance to see the Vince of Old :eek:
There is nothing like a challenge to motivate Vince ... Look how he dominated in the lakers and pistons games (because he wanted to show that the raptors can play with any team in the league)
I also like the fact that we have fairly consistant proven talent (Vince, Jalen, Yell, and Alvin) complimentd by players who have potential (Bosh, Moiso, Bax, and even brads) and key role players (Palacio, Arch). I mean we even have some good trade bait in expiring contracts and unused talent (montross and murray).
However I think the most exciting thing about the raptors is the fact that we have a framework that just needs small adjustments to make it a contender in the east.
That brings me to the final reason why I love being a raptors fan ... We aren't in the west and THE EAST IS THERE FOR THE TAKING !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!


Boooo!

You're not a fan at all that's your attitude.
A positive statement about the Raptors doesn't reflect myself being a Raptor fan regardless? :laugh:
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
A positive statement about the Raptors doesn't reflect myself being a Raptor fan regardless? :laugh:
...:confused:

It's not about saying nice things all the time. Being a fan is about loyalty--such as not abandoning your team the moment they start losing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!


...:confused:

It's not about saying nice things all the time. Being a fan is about loyalty--such as not abandoning your team the moment they start losing.
You think I said that without thinking Raptors won't be a losing team in the future?
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
You think I said that without thinking Raptors won't be a losing team in the future?
Ok, you have no hope for them now or in the future.

Pick another team and leave us alone, then. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
Pick another team and leave us alone, then. :p
i second that motion
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
HAHAHAHAHA, speedythief has OFFICIALLY exploded.
Nope, it'll never happen. The emoticon with the tongue sticking-out clearly makes my post subdued. :cool:

I'm serious though. You say your not a fan of a losing team, which we are. So why not cheer for a better team? If you're that disappointed with the Raptors you might just as well find another franchise to support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
I'm serious though. You say your not a fan of a losing team, which we are.
No we aren't. Are we losing badly as the Chicago Bulls, and the Orlando Magic? And will we ever lose badly like those particular teams? The answer is most likely NO.

So why not cheer for a better team? If your that disappointed with the Raptors you might just as well find another franchise to support.
I'm not dissapointed with them... I don't hate them... Why do you keep saying that?

I don't want to switch teams, because I don't have the specific channels to watch my next favorite team, and your main priority as a fan of a respective team is to watch the games, obviously. Only Raptor games are on all the time, and there would be no use of being a Raptor fan if I never watched their games. Plus, I would even move to the designated city of the basketball team, to become a fan. I'm not saying that it's absurd to live in a city and cheer for a team from another city.
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
I'm not dissapointed with them... I don't hate them... Why do you keep saying that?
Fine. But when ballocks makes a thread titled "your favourite thing about being a raps fan?..." and you post "I'm not a fan of a losing team," what am I supposed to think?

It's not like "I'm not a fan of a losing team" is just some arbitrary comment from you. You typed that in this thread. And since we are below .500, technically we are a losing team. I'm not a smart guy but when you put everything together it seems like you're saying you're not a fan of our losing team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!


Fine. But when ballocks makes a thread titled "your favourite thing about being a raps fan?..." and you post "I'm not a fan of a losing team," what am I supposed to think?

It's not like "I'm not a fan of a losing team" is just some arbitrary comment from you. You typed that in this thread. And since we are below .500, technically we are a losing team. I'm not a smart guy but when you put everything together it seems like you're saying you're not a fan of our losing team.
I guess I make deceiving posts without realizing it.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top