Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up with this game, it'll go like this: the poster says the name of a player, and the poster below him/her tells what they think of that player, ability, stats, or anything about him, and it continues on.

I think it'll be interesting to know the opinions of random players throughout the league by some posters here.

I suppose I'll start, hoping this thread won't flop, that is.

Boris Diaw.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Tough player to start with....

Haven't seen a ton of him, haven't been impressed with what I have. He's tall, 6'8", but slight. Can play the 1, 2, or 3- but isn't particular good at any spot. Can't shoot. An athletic defender who can handle the ball. Could catch on as a role player on a good team, but I don't think he has much of a future in Atlanta.

Darius Miles

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Darius Miles: A lot of talent, thats for sure, one of the most athletic players in the league. He is mainly a slasher due to the fact that he has no jump shot to speak of. Can handle the ball a little, pretty good rebounder and passer. Can use his long arms and athleticism to cause problems on defense. Effort and work ethic are question marks that always arise when talking about him.

my boy.. MATT BONNER!

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
vigilante said:
Darius Miles: A lot of talent, thats for sure, one of the most athletic players in the league. He is mainly a slasher due to the fact that he has no jump shot to speak of. Can handle the ball a little, pretty good rebounder and passer. Can use his long arms and athleticism to cause problems on defense. Effort and work ethic are question marks that always arise when talking about him.

my boy.. MATT BONNER!
A great bench player to have. Smart player who doesn't make many mistakes and a great open shot shooter. Making all redheads proud.

Dwight Howard

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
JNice said:
A great bench player to have. Smart player who doesn't make many mistakes and a great open shot shooter. Making all redheads proud.

Dwight Howard
Tremendous rookie with tremendous upside. Needs to devlop a decent mid ranger because his frame is a bit small, needs to refine his post game a bit. Awesome athleticism and awesome attitude towards the game in general. Great teamate, great guy to have, future superstar without a doubt.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
S-Star said:
Tremendous rookie with tremendous upside. Needs to devlop a decent mid ranger because his frame is a bit small, needs to refine his post game a bit. Awesome athleticism and awesome attitude towards the game in general. Great teamate, great guy to have, future superstar without a doubt.
And your player is.......

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Kwame Brown

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
HeinzGuderian said:
trauma victim

randolph childress
used to be full of potential, but like many of other NBA palyers, never came even close to reaching his potentials.

yao ming

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
overrated...very tall....needs to be more agressive and demand the ball down low. needs an offense to be run around him to be really good, has always had some type of guards swingman hogging the ball, although mcgrady is better then Francis....if he gets that killer instinct can be a future HOFer

Chris Bosh

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Sith said:
used to be full of potential, but like many of other NBA palyers, never came even close to reaching his potentials.

yao ming
Underrated, underutilized, underappreciated. Best player from his draft class, big reason why Houston is a top 5 team in the league right now.

Luke Walton

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
Underrated, underutilized, underappreciated. Best player from his draft class, big reason why Houston is a top 5 team in the league right now.

Luke Walton
Very White. Has a hippie dad. Needs to get a consistent outside game to make it in the NBA.

Raja Bell

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
futuristxen said:
Very White. Has a hippie dad. Needs to get a consistent outside game to make it in the NBA.

Raja Bell
Scrappy defender. Plays with an attitude. Sometimes gets on a roll and can make killer shots, but not a consistent threat.

Jamaal Magloire

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Battie is a scrappy sort of player that plays the game right for a reserve big man. He's physical down low and adds some energy. He's a solid reserve big man, but at this point in his career, anything more is pushing it.

Devin Brown

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice second-third string SG/SF to have off the bench, will spark up the defense, crowd, and scoring for his limited minutes. SA native. :biggrin:

Stephon Marbury.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Self proclaimed "best point guard in the NBA". He's quick and has good court vision. Plays point guard, but is not a pass first player, usually looks for his own shot first. Does not have a killer instinct and is not a good leader, none of his teams have done very well and he has never been past the first round of the playoffs. Inconsistant shooter, has three point range, is an excellent ball handler, average at other aspects of the game.

Samuel Dalembert

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Samuel Dalembert: Great shot-blocker, extremely quick off of his feet, great rebounder offensively and defensively, good defender, foul-prone, developing offensive game, runs the court extremely well, good finisher, extremely athletic for his size, very long

and since no one ever answered for Chris Bosh, I'll do him too

Chris Bosh: A young KG, great face up player for his size, good jump-shot, soft touch around the basket, but can also finish with power, good rebounder (but does disapear every once in a while, needs to be a bit more consistent, but he's still very young so that's not really a problem), good shot blocker, quick off of his feet, good post up game, very athletic, very quick for his size, good leader, good turn around jumper, runs the court well, needs to develop a bit more of an edge on offense (but he's already well on his way to developing that)

Andre Iguodala

1 - 20 of 91 Posts