Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a rival fan looking in from the outside...I see a lot of talent to work with here. Man oh man if we only had a young Perkins, Jefferson, Allen, West and Marcus Banks...

You all had better not mess this up like you did your other 3 first rounders just 4 years back...Joe Johnson, Kendrick Brown and Joseph Forte...lol

It is imperative Ainge finds a good supporting cast that will nuture these kids and let go of some of these veterans that refuse to be a positive influence to them.

That may involve some very hard choices. Including having to let go of Paul and Davis and Walker and give the young guys some minutes.

In two years this is the the team to beat if all things stay equal in the East...and you get the right free agents and continue to draft well.

One draft of multiple picks coming around at the same time is where you make a huge quantum leap in respectability...ask the Chicago Bulls.

But these guys are not as smart as those Baby Bulls...They have the winners edge and mind-set. Those Bulls have mental toughness and all came from a
winning program. You cant mistake the importance of that.

Jefferson and Perkins did not go to school or play serious ball at all except high school and that is nothing more then meat markets that is not true basketball...unless it's St. Anthony's. :basket:

Anyways, one wrong move can ruin it though. Very fragile outfit but loaded with a lot of potetential. I am happy for Marquette Alum Doc Rivers...Work with Doc work with it! :gbanana:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Over these years we've always lacked inside presence.
Now we have that in Perkins and Jefferson.
With Delonte and Marcus running the point.
Ricky and Paul still will have legs in two years.
Tony Allen coming off the bench.
I can't wait to see what next year will bring.

Btw, Good luck tonight.

PdP

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
MilBucksFan2TheCore said:
As a rival fan looking in from the outside...I see a lot of talent to work with here. Man oh man if we only had a young Perkins, Jefferson, Allen, West and Marcus Banks...

You all had better not mess this up like you did your other 3 first rounders just 4 years back...Joe Johnson, Kendrick Brown and Joseph Forte...lol

It is imperative Ainge finds a good supporting cast that will nuture these kids and let go of some of these veterans that refuse to be a positive influence to them.

That may involve some very hard choices. Including having to let go of Paul and Davis and Walker and give the young guys some minutes.

In two years this is the the team to beat if all things stay equal in the East...and you get the right free agents and continue to draft well.

One draft of multiple picks coming around at the same time is where you make a huge quantum leap in respectability...ask the Chicago Bulls.

But these guys are not as smart as those Baby Bulls...They have the winners edge and mind-set. Those Bulls have mental toughness and all came from a
winning program. You cant mistake the importance of that.

Jefferson and Perkins did not go to school or play serious ball at all except high school and that is nothing more then meat markets that is not true basketball...unless it's St. Anthony's. :basket:

Anyways, one wrong move can ruin it though. Very fragile outfit but loaded with a lot of potetential. I am happy for Marquette Alum Doc Rivers...Work with Doc work with it! :gbanana:

Great post, you just got 200 uCash points from me.

I agree, too. But then again, if Al and Perk went to college, there's no way we would have been able to get them where we did.

It would be nice to see them come from a winning program, but remember, high schoolers have shown that they may become even better....

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Thank you for the compliments on the team...if TJ Ford can ever make it back you guys will have a bright future too....I called him a top 3 PG in the league within 3 years when he was drafted and I still think he would have been had he not had the career threatening injury...it's really too bad...I hope he makes a recovery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts