Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Your Top ten Favourite Rappers (UPDATED!)

Well I edited this as things are always changing with me, falling more and more in love with old school music, and hating the new music more and more (of course there is still good music today, just 90% of everything else is garbage)

My top 10 favourite rappers.

1. Notorious B.I.G.
Had he not gone out early, would have been known by everyone as the greatest ever. Always be my favourite MC of all time.

2. Shyne
Love the rugged gangsta approach, his flow and voice is nuts. Lyrics have expanded from his first cd to his second. Unfortunately in jail right now.

3. Nas
Put out the greatest cd ever in Illmatic. He has had some bad albums over the years, but is still doing his thing today.

4. Tupac
Despite Biggie being my favourite rapper, I still love Tupac. Such an intelligent person and really changed rap forever.

5. Big L
Unbelieveable how underrated this guy this. I put him up there with the greatest.

6. Eminem
I would put him higher but I really haven't been feeling him lately. But I LOVE his older stuff, but it seems he has lost motivation and he has put out pure garbage lately.

7. Method Man
Gotta represent wu-tang on here somewhere. Been a huge fan of Method man for ages.

8. Snoop Dogg
A guy you can just listen to and chill. Isn't doing his thing today, but when i was younger he was one of the reasons i really got into rap.

9. DMX
Another one of the rappers I grew up listening too.

10. Kanye West
Love him, despite everyone of my friends except a few smart ones, HATE him. If this was a list of who is my favourite rapper right now, kanye would be top 3-4.

Honorable Mentions :
Busta Rhymes,
Ol' Dirty *******,
Redman,
Jadakiss,
Ludacris,
Jay-z,
The Game (might sound weird to some people, but i love him)

I mean I love a lot of guys, but problem is, currently a lot of them aren't putting out anything or just aren't the same as they used to be.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
1. Ludacris
Crazy punch lines and nice flow

2. Choclair
Gotta support the best of Canada

3. Xzibit
Probably the only west coast rapper that i like

4. Eminem
Can mix it up, can do a crazy diss track then turn around and make one of the funniest songs

5. DMX
The most emotional rapper alive, if he cut down on the grunting and the whats?! and where my dogs at he'd probably be higher

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
1. Michael Franti/KRS-One
2. Q-Tip
3. Tupac
4. ?uestlove (The Roots)
5. Biz Markee!

Honorable Mention: Eminem, Snoop-Dogg, RunDMC

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
1. Jadakiss
2. Tupac
3. Eminem
4. Big Punn
5. T.I.

Honorable mention: Jay Z, Nas, Biggie and Royce.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Is the spelling of "favourite" intended to limit this to British rappers?

Anyway, here's my top 10 -
1. Vanilla Ice
2. JKwon
3. Baby
4. Kid Rock
5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Chingy
7. Lil bow wow
8. WIll Smith
9. Gerardo
10. Ying Yang Twins

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LuckyAC said:
Is the spelling of "favourite" intended to limit this to British rappers?

Anyway, here's my top 10 -
1. Vanilla Ice
2. JKwon
3. Baby
4. Kid Rock
5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Chingy
7. Lil bow wow
8. WIll Smith
9. Gerardo
10. Ying Yang Twins
or because im canadian.. but are you serious!?!

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Ludacris, Andre 3000, T.I., Eminem, DMX.. Those are my five favorite rappers, but not the five best.. if that makes any sense..

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
1. NAS wins this easily no1 near him
2. my boy rascal the best thing to cum outta england in ages
3. ll cool j
tied 3- eminem
4. tupac
5. snoop
6. the game

they my most notable favourites i really wanna hear sum biggie tho i just seem to neva hear this dude

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
M-e-t-h-o-d Man

I'm still waiting for a true sequel to Tical 2000. Something he can complete on his own time and with some creative integrity. Might never come, but here's to hoping.

Ludacris

I don't listen to his albums. I can't take too much of him at once. But I can feel him if I hear him every now and then. His flow is too strong to ignore.

Talib Kweli

My opinion of him changed when I saw him in the O-Dot. I used to think of him as an inferior Mos Def but now I prefer him. He's also a kickass freestyler and nobody ever seems to give him credit for that.

Jay-Z

Some of his singles, like Girls, are really awful. But for the most part he is quality. I can listen to him any time of day. He's got some of the best lyrics and arrangements in the genre I can think of.

Tie: GZA/Ghostface

Can't go wrong with these two. Both of them are putting out quality stuff. Biscuits is one of my favourite post-Wu Tang singles. GZA doesn't put out enough material but when he does it's worth stopping for.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they my most notable favourites i really wanna hear sum biggie tho i just seem to neva hear this dude
You haven't heard Biggie!?!! I don't think you can understand rap until you hear the greatness of Biggie Smalls. I suggest picking up Ready to Die, and he will probably become your favourite rapper instantly.

speedythief said:
M-e-t-h-o-d Man
I'm still waiting for a true sequel to Tical 2000. Something he can complete on his own time and with some creative integrity. Might never come, but here's to hoping.
Being one of my favourite rappers as well, I don't think we'll see a true sequel to Tical 2000. Method Man hasn't brought it strong since Iron Flag, and I think thats the last time we'll see any quality stuff from him, sadly. Getting old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts