Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

PORTLAND - Trail Blazers forward Zach Randolph is scheduled to undergo microfracture surgery on his right knee Thursday.
He said team orthopedist Dr. Don Roberts will perform the procedure.

Randolph, who leads the Blazers in scoring (18.9 ppg.) and rebounding (9.6 rpg.), last playe March 1 and went on the injured list March 14. But the knee started bothering him early in the season.

He will not return this season.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, Zach.

PBF

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I hope that he is as good as new before the season starts. I don't know if I would want to move Randolph, but I would like to see what other teams are willing to offer for him this Summer. If he could net Portland a nice piece of the puzzle and Rahim resigned with the Blazers I could live with it. My only fear with Randolph is that he peaked with the contract extention. I would love to see Randolph back, but a smart person would always see what something is worth at any given time. Kinda like the Kenny Rogers song......gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em.

Problem is, who would take on his contract that has anything Portland wants or needs? :whoknows:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
HOWIE said:
Problem is, who would take on his contract that has anything Portland wants or needs? :whoknows:
a team under the cap would take him.

like Atlanta.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
get wel zbo get ready to dominate next year

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
And the reason that this surgery wasn't done 3+ weeks ago when it was announced he was doing it? Sounds like the same wonderful type of decision making when Shaq didn't get his surgery until late last year...

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
hasoos said:
And the reason that this surgery wasn't done 3+ weeks ago when it was announced he was doing it? Sounds like the same wonderful type of decision making when Shaq didn't get his surgery until late last year...
I was wondering that too. it may be doctors orders, though. perhaps there was too much swelling, or there are certain medications he has to take for a set period before the procedure can happen.

given Zach's general mentality, I doubt it has anything to do with laziness. anything that gets him closer to launching another field goal attempt in the NBA is probably his biggest priority. :)

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
He will not return this season
What???? Was this announced earlier? When did this happen?

Just kidding......

Here's hoping that Zach makes a complete recovery. Here's also hoping that rehab only inspires and fires him up even more (over against depressing him), and that he takes this time to continue to seek ways to become an even better player.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts