Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want him on this team. Why he gets zero minutes I have no clue. He is 6'10" 280lbs. and runs the floor like a SF. He can play center or PF. He is very similar to Jermaine, in that he is very talented but is stuck behind dead weight like Shawn Kemp and Dale Davis.

I wonder if we could offer anyone for him?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it would be nice to have Randolph the first big guy off of the bench instead of Jeff Foster.

As for his dead weight, he is very fast for his size. He runs the court faster than Jermaine.

The kings just added Keon to deepen their frontcourt. I don't really see the problem with adding depth to the frontcourt.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Randolph can play center. The problem is, just like any opther young player it takes a bit of time to get good. So if he is just handed minutes in front of those guys it will screw up chemistry because those guys will be pissed. It will get even more clogged with Sabonis coming back. and they just play power forwards as back up centers.

C:Sabonis/Davis
PF:Wallace/Kemp

These guys take up all the minutes.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL

Are you talking about that shot where it shows him flying over Maggette? If so, guess what. He never dunked. He fell before he hit the rim. And he got called for charging, and the Pacers lost by 20 points. And Foster averaged 5 points a game.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What the hell, you make it sound like Randolph is a big star or something. He can rebound. He can also score. He also plays better defense than Foster. You could get rid of Cro and put Randolph in Foster's spot.

Who is a better player? Foster or Randolph? I think we all know the answer to this one.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I said you could get rid of Cro. Then get Randolph and let him work his way into the rotation.

I look at Randolph and see a Jermaine O'Neal rotting away on Portland's bench. He could be very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.