Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some talk on the Blazers Forum about what Zach Randolph would bring in a trade. We aren't looking to trade him, we just want an idea of how other teams vaule him and what they would be willing to give us for him. The only catch is that you have to take at least one of Damon Stoudamire, Dale Davis, Derek Anderson or Ruben Patterson as well.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
I could more than see a team like Utah taking on Dale Davis or Stoudamire's contract to get Z-Bo.. Probably something along the lines of Arroyo, Harpring, and a future first for Z-Bo/Davis.. Clark if he's needed to make the salaries work.

Helps fill Portland's two weakest spots too..

Jeez, a couple bad games in a row by Zach and you guys want to know what he could fetch in a trade? :D

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Sovereignz</b>!
I could more than see a team like Utah taking on Dale Davis or Stoudamire's contract to get Z-Bo.. Probably something along the lines of Arroyo, Harpring, and a future first for Z-Bo/Davis.. Clark if he's needed to make the salaries work.

Helps fill Portland's two weakest spots too..

Jeez, a couple bad games in a row by Zach and you guys want to know what he could fetch in a trade? :D
One of the people on the forum brought it up before his recent slump as an alternative to trading Rasheed Wallace. The idea was that if we are having a hard time getting anything other than highly overpaid marginal players for Rasheed we could see what we could get for Zach instead. Here's another question, who do you think is the best single player we could get for him?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>gambitnut</b>!

One of the people on the forum brought it up before his recent slump as an alternative to trading Rasheed Wallace. The idea was that if we are having a hard time getting anything other than highly overpaid marginal players for Rasheed we could see what we could get for Zach instead. Here's another question, who do you think is the best single player we could get for him?
Hows about Ty Lue and Juwan Howard? Limited time offer here.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And it ends as soon as I see it. No thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mavs Dude</b>!

Why would they need Zach when they have O'Neal?
O'Neal has been playing a lot of center. Its very hard to tell what a young guy could fetch in a trade because you never know if he's going to bomb or blow up. He could screw up like Rasheed and Eddie Griffin or become a legitimate superstar.

Maybe you could get Reef and Terry for Randolph, Woods and a first rounder?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the previous poster. I don't think that it is a safe idea to acquire a player who has only had 1 good season. I mean, thats a big risk. There are several other teams who did that, and the trade just blew up.

Plus, why would Portland want to lose Zach, if he has been playing that well. Despite what people may deny, he is there best player. I would say try and ship Rasheed, that way you would lose the huge salary and possibly get a good player in return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.