Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ANDERSON, Ind. - Portland Trail Blazers forward Zach Randolph will not be charged in connection with a nightclub shooting after giving police investigators a second statement.

The native of nearby Marion provided the second statement Thursday night in connection with the Aug. 22 shootings for which his brother, Roger, has been charged with three counts of battery with a deadly weapon.

Roger Randolph, meanwhile, was arrested on a weapons charge early Friday in Atlanta, Ga., his third weapons-related arrest in three weeks in three cities, Anderson police Detective Terry Sollars said Friday.

Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings had said Zach Randolph might face criminal charges for not telling investigators all he knew about the shootings in his first statement hours after the incident.

"He cleared up any irregularities or confusion that may have been in his first statement," Sollars told The Associated Press. "There may have been some omissions in his first statement."

Telephone messages seeking comment were left Friday with the player's attorney, James Voyles of Indianapolis, and his agent, Raymond Brothers of Atlanta. Both accompanied Randolph for the second statement Thursday, Sollars said.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
"He cleared up any irregularities or confusion that may have been in his first statement," Sollars told The Associated Press. "There may have been some omissions in his first statement."
"Hello?"

"Hey Zach, this is Paul Allen's attorney."

"Oh, uh, hi."

"Listen, he told me to call you and tell you to get yer head out your ***."

"Whuh?"

"Hey, I don't mind repeating myself. I'm paid $700 an hour. Get yer head out yer ***."

"Whuh?"

"Ok, a little slower. GEEEEEEEEEET YEERRRRRRRRRRR HEAAAAAAAAAAAD OOUUUUUUT YERRRRRRR ASSSSSSS."

"Who dis?"

"Sigh. Ok, I'm getting on a plane. Don't say anything to anyone until I get there."

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Roger Randolph, meanwhile, was arrested on a weapons charge early Friday in Atlanta, Ga., his third weapons-related arrest in three weeks in three cities, Anderson police Detective Terry Sollars said Friday.
Third weapons-related arrest in three weeks in three cities? Who is this guy, Al Capone?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
everytime I read Zach's brothers name, I want go..
Roger Randolph, he's our man!

"Roger Randolph he's a zero
screwing up his future.
Shooting guys inside a bar
He sounds like he's a moocher.

Roger Randolph has no plan
Living off his brother
For his life is behind bars
much to the dismay of his mother...."

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!
everytime I read Zach's brothers name, I want go..

"Roger Randolph he's a zero
screwing up his future.
Shooting guys inside a bar
He sounds like he's a moocher.

Roger Randolph has no plan
Living off his brother
For his life is behind bars
much to the dismay of his mother...."
Hap, that song is a disgrace to MY hero....Roger Ramjet! :upset: ;)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Although I completely disagree with giving him ANOTHER (make this the fourth chance) to tell the police the truth ...

I am glad for the guy. I just hope he learned a lesson and realizes that the choices he makes can ruin his career. These "little" slip-ups can have drastic and dire consequences.

Play.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
It sure was nice of the investigators / prosecutors to open the door for Zach to tell the truth the way they did. As I was saying yesterday, formally charging Roger first - based on the testimony of other witnesses - changed the situation so that Zach wouldn't be telling them anything they didn't already know.

And, Play, I too hope that Zach will learn something from all this. If his brother ends up going to prison, it will be a hard lesson for Zach.

PBF

·
Registered
678 Posts
Actually Zachs friends from home aren't thuggish at all. Mostly a bunch of athletes and funny guys. I don't know what he's gotten into in Portland, but theres really not much to worry about in Marion outside of his bro. Roger is just the bad apple... like the kind from Snow White.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts