Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I thought it was bad watching him make strides in Milwaukee last season. Last night he put up 16 points, 13 boards and 6 assists against the Cippers. For the season he's averaging 13.4 ppg, 9.4 rpg and 2.0 apg. And of course, this is the guy the Magic gave away for free in the expansion draft...

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
hobojoe said:
Man, I thought it was bad watching him make strides in Milwaukee last season. Last night he put up 16 points, 13 boards and 6 assists against the Cippers. For the season he's averaging 13.4 ppg, 9.4 rpg and 2.0 apg. And of course, this is the guy the Magic gave away for free in the expansion draft...
Yet another notch in the Magic management belt. Its amazing really. They should hire some of us. We could run this team 1000X better than the people they have now or before.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
hobojoe said:

I saw that ... the day after I put him on my NBA.com Salary Cap challenge team. lol ..

I still don't understand why we just let him walk.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JNice said:
I saw that ... the day after I put him on my NBA.com Salary Cap challenge team. lol ..

I still don't understand why we just let him walk.
It's not like he sucked in his one year in Orlando. He showed this kind of potential, I still don't know what our management was thinking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Based on what the Bobcats have been showing the past two years, I am 100% confident they would NOT have selected Grant Hill if we left him unprotected.

I think most magic fans could do a better job then what we have been getting from our GM's, One stupid move after another.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
tranjsaic said:
Based on what the Bobcats have been showing the past two years, I am 100% confident they would NOT have selected Grant Hill if we left him unprotected.

I think most magic fans could do a better job then what we have been getting from our GM's, One stupid move after another.

I agree. Maybe the only reason they wouldn't do it is because it might piss Hill off. But the Bobcats have been avoiding bigger contracts, etc like the plague to keep their future financial flexibility.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JNice said:
I agree. Maybe the only reason they wouldn't do it is because it might piss Hill off. But the Bobcats have been avoiding bigger contracts, etc like the plague to keep their future financial flexibility.
It wouldn't piss Hill off, he's an intelligent enough guy to realize that it's strictly business and that he had no chance of being taken. Besides the fact that from a basketball standpoint, I doubt he could blame the Magic for wanting to leave him unprotected anyway at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts