Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The New York Knicks have made Minnesota an offer for Kevin Garnett that includes the expiring contracts of Anfernee Hardaway and Antonio Davis, according to ESPN.com

if he can pull this **** off without giving up stephon were gonna rape.

but i really really really really doubt we ever see him in a knick uniform.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
The New York Knicks have made Minnesota an offer for Kevin Garnett that includes the expiring contracts of Anfernee Hardaway and Antonio Davis, according to ESPN.com

if he can pull this **** off without giving up stephon were gonna rape.

but i really really really really doubt we ever see him in a knick uniform.
its impossible, the salaries would be way too difficult to match.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The proposed deal that works under the cap is Wally and KG for Penny and AD.

Salaries wash, I would want some kind of pick combo though.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
its impossible, the salaries would be way too difficult to match.

I dont think the contracts are the problem but the talent... Maybe the Wolves are interesed in Frye ?

Stephon - Q - who cares - KG - Curry, Would be awesome not gonna happen...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the wolves would trade KG for capspace, we're saving them 25 million in capspace, thats a lot! I wet my pants just now thinking of KG in NY

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
NYKBaller said:
the wolves would trade KG for capspace, we're saving them 25 million in capspace, thats a lot! I wet my pants just now thinking of KG in NY
Maybe Young Players could be needed too Ariza and Frye for Example

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
ill give them ariza........not frye.

n yes, taking kg and wally basically gives them alot of freedom to sign whoever n do whatever
You cant Sign whoever n do whatever just because u have the Money, Ask Hawks

·
NY NY big city of dreams
2,493 Posts
i would trade penny a.d.......and all the first round picks till 2009 to get KG in a knicks uniform....

if zeke gets his hands on kg......nobody should ever question his performance as a GM

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
NYKBaller said:
I wet my pants just now thinking of KG in NY
Me too! :yes:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
salaries match, but not talent.
Not my rumour, as others have said, so far, it is pure salary dump.

Who else can do this deal but NY?

I would look for at least one of the youngsters and a 1st if I were Minny.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
One source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks had made Minnesota an offer that included the expiring contracts of Penny Hardaway ($15.7 million) and Antonio Davis ($13.9 million). But for such a trade to work under salary cap rules, the Knicks would also have to take back Sczcerbiak. While that deal would be stunningly lopsided talent-wise, it would relieve the Wolves of $102 million in salary obligations over the next three seasons, allowing them to enter the 2006 offseason with approximately $25 million of cap space.

One source close to several NBA players insisted that the viability of the Knicks' offer should not be dismissed, going so far as to say Garnett was making a private push through back channels to be dealt to New York and reunite with former teammate Stephon Marbury. "I'd bet money he'll be wearing a Knicks uniform by the end of February," the source said.
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=sheridan_chris

I won't get too hype, just because I don't want to be disappointed. I couldn't post the entire article but I also heard the Pistons are in the race as well. If we can snatch KG I would faint!

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
but that atlanta, they always have terrible coaches, terrible players, so players dont give them a shot.

besides, money talks. where is joe johnson playin?? the former title contenders or the worst squad in the world?
True, But is not a guarantee But lets see what Happen

·
Registered
15 Posts
PLEASE BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH THAT THIS TRADE WILL HAPPEN!!! i WOULD TRADE ANYONE ON THIS DAMN ROSTER FOR KG. IT JUST HAS TO HAPPEN,ESPECIALLY IF WE KEEP THE ROOKIES.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts