Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing poker with some pals tonight so we missed the game. I need to get a TV for my living room, but for someone whom saw the game break down his performace? I noticed as a team we shot .598, amazing, but were his assists a break down of Orlando's defense and our hot hands or solid passing?

-Petey

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I just remember the one I saw. He kind of crossed over lue (I think thats who it was), drove to the hole, jumped up and dished it off to atrain who dunked it.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
He's very quick and he has a great ability of breaking down his defender and penetrating to the lane. He had a couple where he did that, the defense collapsed, and he found Lucious or Rodney open on the perimeter.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
His handle looks a little shaky, and he still doesn't know what he's doing out there.... but I see some improvement. He had a nice pass to train to finish the game for NJ.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
He's solid finishing inside as well. I wish he could shoot better though.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Planinic's game gets a little boost

Here's one unintended consequence of Lawrence Frank calling all the team's plays: It means backup point guard Zoran Planinic, who still struggles a little with English, doesn't have to.

"I'm much more comfortable with the offense now," Planinic said. "Because before, it's hard for me to say the offense. My tongue gets split up. Now the coach calls all the plays. All I have to do is pass the ball. It's a lot easier."

It certainly showed in the Nets' 120-99 blasting of the Magic last night. The rookie guard had a career-best seven assists last night to go with his eight points, and he led the Nets on a 13-3 run early in the second quarter, scoring or assisting on all but one of the baskets during that time.

Planinic was playing so well, franchise point guard Jason Kidd tried to beg out of the game when Frank went to put him back in.

"When coach called me in, I was like, 'Coach, leave him in, he's playing great,'" Kidd said. "And he said, 'Well, he's got three fouls.' And I was thinking, 'Well, let him foul out.' Any time we can get positive minutes like he had, the better off this team will be."

Kidd then whispered a few words into Planinic's ear as he came off the court. Namely: "Stop fouling."

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've seen the game.. it was the first time I saw him... He reminds me a lot Brent Barry... I was surprised with this guy.. I think can become an important member of the rotation at the end of the year, or maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think his handles looked a little better last night. He crossed over at least two guys on two seperate plays last night to get a first step.
I'd say last night he looked his best, and as confident as I have ever seen him. The ony thing he needs to work on is his decision making. He seems to drive and look to dish, but often throws a bad pass because he's not exactly sure where his teammates are.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
One more thing I remember about last night. When he first came in for Kidd, he played very well. I think they widen the lead once Zoran came back. When Kidd came to check back in, Zoran was going to go back to the bench, but Kidd stopped him and talked to him for about 30 seconds. Looked like he was telling him he did a good job.

Overall, everyone seemed to be happy with Zorans performance last night.

The team itself seems to have alot more chemistry and look alot more comfortable under Frank.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I've been impressed with his shooting ability so far, but almost every time he drives to the hoop he panics and loses control or makes a bad pass. but he's not bad.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DeezNets</b>!
When Kidd came to check back in, Zoran was going to go back to the bench, but Kidd stopped him and talked to him for about 30 seconds. Looked like he was telling him he did a good job.
Kidd then whispered a few words into Planinic's ear as he came off the court. Namely: "Stop fouling."
:D

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Actually, yeah. It was kind of like, "Hey, you're playing so well that if you didn't have 3 fouls, you'd still be in there."

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure Kidd said it not worrying about his job. LOL.

-Petey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts