Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except on defense, and thats because he always has to guard the PG. I really hope after his good play in the 4th tonight he gets the nod of Buford. I mean, he was great against Memphis but he is WAY too inconsistant and he has no basketball IQ at all. I hope Frank sees this.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
they bring different things to the floor. buford is definitely better on the boards, and i think a better shooter. that said, i hope after tonight, frank sees how good zoran can be with kidd and especially with kidd and carter. but when the other team is getting any shot it wants, like the 2nd half of the memphis game, that's when you need jacque.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Does anyone else notice that whenver Zoran gets the ball, he never passes it, dribbles like crazy for a bit, looking like he's going to lose it on every position and then drives to the lane and hits the shot?

He's like a little dynamo.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
ZP is definitely fun to watch.
He should have had a hand full of assists too. He whipped 2 sweet passes to Veal whom was wide open and coudn't buy a basket.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
He penetrates and can drive and dish. He needs to do more of that. He is 6'7" or taller and has decent athleticism and court vision. What he doesnt have is confidence.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
NetIncome said:
He penetrates and can drive and dish. He needs to do more of that. He is 6'7" or taller and has decent athleticism and court vision. What he doesnt have is confidence.
Yes, he is still only on step 10 of the 12 step program to recover from the mental damage Scott inflicted on him last season.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Slasher said:
I agree. You guys can't keep him on the bench that much - he needs to develop as a solid backup for Kidd.
He can't really play backup PG in the NBA. Vaughn and Best are fine for now. I would like to think about a new talented PG in the 2006 draft, when we will hopefully have a lottery pick. Rodriguez/Gibson/Paul will be 20 by then and they can learn a lot from J-Kidd (who will be 33 by then and will have 3 years left on his contract)

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Slasher said:
I agree. You guys can't keep him on the bench that much - he needs to develop as a solid backup for Kidd.
Yeah, he definitely gives you a change of pace from any of the other points. His ability to penetrate is uncanny. Very Tony Parker-ish. He can play alongside Kidd, and run the show for a few minutes at a time. His size allows him to play next to Best or Vaughn too. Best is more of a short SG anyway.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
z needs to be in the starting lineup over vaughn, but with us still in the playoff race it wont happen. i would really like to see z put on more muscule and get a post game going. i also think he should be a 2 not a 1 for all the reasons mentioned and more. i would love if he could play the 3, but i think that is too much for him. 2g's are quick for him too, but if he can learn positioning he wont have to be as quick as them. he needs to use his size and just be under control more. you can see the potential he has, he just needs to harnes it and i hope it happens soon so management decides to resign him when his contract is up.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Zoran played great last night. And the best part about it, was that he was in there when it counted and when the game was won. He can hit jumpers, and he can get to the hoop. THose are two things we need desperately. He's pretty good in the post too. He's just got to get more consistent on D. He makes **** happen out there. Sometimes its for the other team, and all....but...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
z needs to be in the starting lineup over vaughn, but with us still in the playoff race it wont happen. i would really like to see z put on more muscule and get a post game going. i also think he should be a 2 not a 1 for all the reasons mentioned and more. i would love if he could play the 3, but i think that is too much for him. 2g's are quick for him too, but if he can learn positioning he wont have to be as quick as them. he needs to use his size and just be under control more. you can see the potential he has, he just needs to harnes it and i hope it happens soon so management decides to resign him when his contract is up.
We have enough defensive problems with the quicker Vaughn in there. Are you talking about a Defense for Offense type swap in mentality?

-Petey

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Petey said:
He should have had a hand full of assists too. He whipped 2 sweet passes to Veal whom was wide open and coudn't buy a basket.

-Petey

Yeah, I was a little ticked at that. Anyone notice how big Veal is now? He looks like he gained a lot of weight.
Zippy is great. Definitely fits the nickname. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
So...

It sounds like we all agree that Zoran shouldn't be a PG...he should be a SG...

So then it would make sense that when Kidd sits, Vaughn can move to PG and Zoran can be the 2, with Carter staying at the 3...

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
furnace said:
So...

So then it would make sense that when Kidd sits, Vaughn can move to PG and Zoran can be the 2, with Carter staying at the 3...
I don't agree that Zoran shouldn't be a PG, but I do agree that he can play effectively at the 1, 2 or 3

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
furnace said:
So...

I think Zoran can run the show for a few minutes at a time. He's effective when he controls the ball.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
furnace said:
So...

I think he, RJ, and VC can all handle the ball well enough that Zippy can effectively play the point when Kidd goes out. I'd also like to see him at the 2 w/ Kidd in the game as well.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IMO, I think ZP can run the point better than Best. I think they should put ZP in when Kidd is in and Carter is out because even though Kidd is great, no one else can actually CREATE a shot for themselves. Like SeaNet said he makes things happen, plus he can drive, shoot, and post up smaller players. If only he could play defense...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts