Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the game in the balance...he leads us to baskets on 5 straight possessions to get control.

Definately my player of the game and if Murray can hold down some backup PF minutes against good teams...this team can go very far in the playoffs.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Yeah, bench!!

Look what happens when you give guys a job to do and trust them to do it.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
The Nets keep playing like this and they will be very dangerous in the playoffs. They are becoming much more balanced. Last postseason they were a one trick pony with Vince. Now they have RJ and Krstic. Kidd is shooting better than any other point in his career. Zoran is creating and hopefully he'll move up to first guard off the bench in place of Vaughn. My biggest concern was another big behind Cliffy and Murray appears to be working out. Historically Cliffy struggles in the postseason and we needed another scorer at that position.

I see Zoran, Cliffy, and Murray as rounding out the 8 man rotation for the postseason. Occasionally there will be Vaughn and Wright for D.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
No sh-t Zoran is the man...he has real skills...on any other team this guy may have been a star by now. Zoran can dribble, drive and score with ease out there. I see flashes of Ginobli in his game.

If Frank lets Zoran be a wild card off the bench, and he keeps getting more and more minutes...watch out for the Nets in the playoffs. Zoran is an absoloute lightning rod out there.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Zoran must have learned how to play like this in the last two weeks.

How many wins did Frank cost them? :banghead:

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
lukewarmplay said:
better to appreciate the current frank than agonize over the former frank.
Better late than never.

Frank is showing improvement. He's still developing, too.

If he keeps learning from his mistakes, he could be the Nets coach for a loooooong time.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Farmer77 said:
As long as Zoran gets his points from penetrating into the paint and not shoot from the perimeter, I'll be happy. :biggrin:
He does have to start making an occasional jumper to keep his man honest.

When he gets more minutes, teams will start adjusting.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Farmer77 said:
As long as Zoran gets his points from penetrating into the paint and not shoot from the perimeter, I'll be happy. :biggrin:
I like Z penetrating as well and if he and Wright work hard on their jumpshot in the offseason they will
produce well

less minutes for the big 3=fresher legs for the playoffs=that much closer to a championship!

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Zoran can shoot. I think he just needs more real game experience. Near the end of last season I saw him nail something like 10-15 3pters in a row during second half warm ups. Right now we need him penetrating, but it will come.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.