Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When he was first drafted, we all tried to give him a nick name. Didn't deserve it until a few months ago. He was productive in limited minutes tonight. Imagine if he actually played some "D" or the Nets ran Kidd at him in pratice... He would get alot of consideration for 6th man of the year, with his ability to play the 1, 2, and 3.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
When he was first drafted, we all tried to give him a nick name. Didn't deserve it until a few months ago. He was productive in limited minutes tonight. Imagine if he actually played some "D" or the Nets ran Kidd at him in pratice... He would get alot of consideration for 6th man of the year, with his ability to play the 1, 2, and 3.

-Petey
When I first saw him play, I never thought he'll be a successful PG under the Nets system. In fact, he doesn't look like a natural PG to me. Looks like he's a natural 3 who can play 2. But the thing is, he likes to play 1.

Zoran is starting to play well this year, until bad luck got him with an injury. If only Byron used him in the rotation regularly early last season, Zoran might have peaked this time and a valuable role player in the rotation.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
He's tall, quick, and is learning how to push the ball on the break. As a backup PG he could give opposing teams fits. Like to see more of him. He has to get over his injury bug though.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Netfool over on nj.com calls him 'Zippy.' I think it works both as a derogatory name and as a positive one. And versatility is what the Nets are all about.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeaNet said:
Netfool over on nj.com calls him 'Zippy.' I think it works both as a derogatory name and as a positive one. And versatility is what the Nets are all about.
A bunch of us used to use 'Lil' Z, cause Zo was here...

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
Zoran is starting to become a more confident player, which is good for the Nets.
He should be, as he's no longer a rookie. Being from overseas and a rookie last year, all his problems were mental. He's now showing bits and flashes of what he can bring to the table.
It will be interesting to see him next season.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
faNETicS said:
He should be, as he's no longer a rookie. Being from overseas and a rookie last year, all his problems were mental. He's now showing bits and flashes of what he can bring to the table.
It will be interesting to see him next season.
I just think Zoran just needs more time on the floor. It seems like everytime he gets out there, once he really gets going, he's heading back to the bench so Kidd or Carter can come back in. I'd like to see him have extended minutes, but I doubt he'll get them. I think it's going to take a lot for Frank to get away from Vaughn, given his superior defense as opposed to Zoran and Best. Makes sense considering we have J-Kidd and VC for offense, but I'd like to see Zoran get a chance anyhow.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I want some more Zippy against the Clips tonight, damn it!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am not a Zoran fan in general. But I must admit, He played a excellent game against Bobcats. He was good defensively and made a great steal and pass. In short time he scored 6 points and was productive. MOST importantly, he did not try to force the issue and played within himself. If he plays like this, he deserves more minutes. I will also cheer for him, if he plays smart, like Monday night. :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NJ Grand NJ said:
I didn't get to see the Clipper game, was Zoran awarded after his solid game by only playing in garbage time?
Yeah, I can't figure out Coach Lawrence's rotation, or is Zoran limited due to his injury?

-Petey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts