Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
jizzy said:
He was terrible tonight. Played out of control and his D was not good. Again, stop looking at stats becasue they don't tell the story of the game
dont rip him off that much. He needs spend the next 24 hours shooting the ball, but he was ok, not bad to be on the floor. I just dont like how he becomes very selfish and plays bad in the waning minutes of garbage time.

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
vcfor3 said:
dont rip him off that much. He needs spend the next 24 hours shooting the ball, but he was ok, not bad to be on the floor. I just dont like how he becomes very selfish and plays bad in the waning minutes of garbage time.

He tries to do more then he is capable of at times. I think he's just trying to impress the coach and the crowd. He just needs to stay within himself and he can be a good contributor

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jizzy said:
He was terrible tonight. Played out of control and his D was not good. Again, stop looking at stats becasue they don't tell the story of the game
other then his off night shooting what did he do wrong? If he had made 50% of his shots you guys would be praising his splended play!!! Everyone knows that he can't defend well , but that really didn't matter cuz the nets defened everyone very very well except marion (who zoron dosn't guard)! He turned the ball over but still getting 5 boards and 7 dimes is ALOT from zoron!! Think about it... also the lol ment that i wasn't 100% serious about this thread.

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
not really. he was trying to score too much and took to many shots.

i blame him for the nets not winning by 50.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Zoran Planinic's shot wasn't falling tonight. He was rushing his shots and a few times tried to play outside of himself.

Other than that, he had an excellent game. He had a Kidd-like game in that he matched Jason's assist total (7), took down his share of rebounds (5) and most importantly, kept the offense humming.

He delivered the ball in the right places to other players and when the game was hanging in the balance played very well. In fact, he made some fine defensive plays.

Anyone criticizing him here, really didn't see the entirety of the game. He fits in well and looked good up against PHX tonight. That allowed Jason the extra rest to blow out the match.

Zoran had another solid contribution off the bench tonight. His handles looked better than I've seen in limited minutes and he really is an imposing presence with those skills at about 6-8 in shoes.

Hat's off to Zoran.

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Anyone criticizing him here, really didn't see the entirety of the game. He fits in well and looked good up against PHX tonight. That allowed Jason the extra rest to blow out the match.

um maybe you didnt see the entirety of the game.

in the 4th quarter he was blaintanly looking to get on the scoreboard. he was taking these random shots and kept missing. He played well otherwise like you said when he wasn't forcing up those shots.

I'd still want him as first backup Point Guard of the bench. (VC plays PG first, then Zoran comes in and plays PG)

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
Zoran had a bad game. He looked too anxious and yet he was slow in making decisions on offense. I still get the feeling he doesn't know what he's going to do when the ball is in his hands.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
jizzy said:
Wrong, his defense was good tonight.

I will post examples with minute markers tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
For those of you criticizing Zoran's shot attempts last night remember this: the game was a blow out! It was a laugher. His teammates were probably razing him and telling him to shoot to get on the scoreboard. No way you shoud take that seriuosly.

The thing that impressed me most was that regardless of his shot not going down he still found ways to contribute. He had 5 boards and 7 assists. He set his teammates up brilliantly with great drive and kicks in the fourth.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Toward the end of the game (4th qtr) he was TRYINGto get on the board because he was the only Nets who hadn't scored to that point. And the last 2 timeouts were spent with the starters all over him and teasing him for not scoring. So to blame him is totally unfair. True enough he didn't shoot well in the game at all but to crucify him for it is just unfair.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.