2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell - Page 2 - Basketball Forum : Professional and College Basketball Forums
BasketballForum.com is the premier basketball Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,493
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

So, since there doesn't seem to be a better thread for this - any indication on what your front office plans to do in light of the playoff flame-out? Are they looking to retool and take another stab at things in a soft Atlantic Division, or have their been indications they may try to turn some of their main pieces (read: Lowry and Derozan) into lottery picks and rebuild from scratch?
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
STL4LIFE
 
Junkyard Dog13's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto (Mississauga)
Age: 36
Posts: 5,841
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

what about bobby portis
__________________
Raps fans since Day 1
Steelers fan since 97
Leafs fan since 88
Mets fan since 98
Junkyard Dog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog13 View Post
what about bobby portis
How is he defending the PnR?

I've heard he lacks top level athleticism and doesn't have a post game to speak of. I don't mind if our PF isn't an elite rim protector, I think JV has potential in that area, but we definitely need him to have the agility and IQ to defend the PnR.

I can't really find any in game action of him. From the workouts, he reminds me of Bosh.
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
So, since there doesn't seem to be a better thread for this - any indication on what your front office plans to do in light of the playoff flame-out? Are they looking to retool and take another stab at things in a soft Atlantic Division, or have their been indications they may try to turn some of their main pieces (read: Lowry and Derozan) into lottery picks and rebuild from scratch?
No real indication either way. Changes will be made, but we're not sure how large they may be. Masai isn't scared to move one of the big three (DeMar, Lowry or JV), so I am keeping my eyes peeled and nose to the ground.

Masai has an uncanny ability to keep his cards close to his chest. It's always a mystery until it happens.
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Only 2 and a half days to go. Where is everyone at with the 20th pick?

@ozzzymandius @seifer0406 @scdn @-James- @Junkyard Dog13 @c_dog @Knick Killer
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,493
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
No real indication either way. Changes will be made, but we're not sure how large they may be. Masai isn't scared to move one of the big three (DeMar, Lowry or JV), so I am keeping my eyes peeled and nose to the ground.

Masai has an uncanny ability to keep his cards close to his chest. It's always a mystery until it happens.
Supposedly Sacramento's looking for a point guard and wants to unload their pick in the process. Would something built around Lowry for the 6th get it done for you? Would you move Derozan for a late lottery pick - say, something like Derozan, plus maybe the 20th pick, for the 10th pick from Miami and the Chalmers/Birdman contracts? Rebuild around picks 6, 10, and JV?
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
Supposedly Sacramento's looking for a point guard and wants to unload their pick in the process. Would something built around Lowry for the 6th get it done for you? Would you move Derozan for a late lottery pick - say, something like Derozan, plus maybe the 20th pick, for the 10th pick from Miami and the Chalmers/Birdman contracts? Rebuild around picks 6, 10, and JV?
I'd probably move Lowry for 6, then we can put Winslow next to DeRozan. I'd then try and move Vasquez for a more defensive minded PG.

Draft a PF with 20 and try and move the background pieces around to help improve our situation.

I don't think we need wholesale changes, I think we just need to make one larger move, then follow it with a few chess pieces.

I'd prefer to keep DeRozan, that kid is committed to improving.
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,493
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
I'd probably move Lowry for 6, then we can put Winslow next to DeRozan. I'd then try and move Vasquez for a more defensive minded PG.

Draft a PF with 20 and try and move the background pieces around to help improve our situation.

I don't think we need wholesale changes, I think we just need to make one larger move, then follow it with a few chess pieces.

I'd prefer to keep DeRozan, that kid is committed to improving.
So...say, Lowry for 6, draft Winslow, draft whichever of Portis/Lyles/Looney is still there at 20, sign Pat Beverly, and shuffle some supporting cast pieces around to better compliment the team's core?
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
So...say, Lowry for 6, draft Winslow, draft whichever of Portis/Lyles/Looney is still there at 20, sign Pat Beverly, and shuffle some supporting cast pieces around to better compliment the team's core?
Pat Beverley is the exact piece I was thinking of, that's spooky. GV has come out and said that Houston has expressed an interest in him, opening up the possibility of a sign and trade with the Rockets for Beverley.

So yes, you're right with my plan. What do you think? Does it make us better?
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,493
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
Pat Beverley is the exact piece I was thinking of, that's spooky. GV has come out and said that Houston has expressed an interest in him, opening up the possibility of a sign and trade with the Rockets for Beverley.

So yes, you're right with my plan. What do you think? Does it make us better?
I don't know that Winslow, with his limited offensive skill-set, would be the right guy to cap off a Beverly/Derozan permiter grouping - Stanley Johnson might be a better fit there. I'd even go so far as to say that they should be pursuing that Heat deal for the 10th pick, take whichever swing-for-the-fences option among Hezonja/Mudiay/Porzingas is still there at 6, and hope one of Winslow/Johnson falls to 10.

I mean, Derozan's not old - he's turning 26 this summer - but I feel like if the Raptors are moving Lowry they should tear the whole thing down and start fresh.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #26 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
I don't know that Winslow, with his limited offensive skill-set, would be the right guy to cap off a Beverly/Derozan permiter grouping - Stanley Johnson might be a better fit there. I'd even go so far as to say that they should be pursuing that Heat deal for the 10th pick, take whichever swing-for-the-fences option among Hezonja/Mudiay/Porzingas is still there at 6, and hope one of Winslow/Johnson falls to 10.

I mean, Derozan's not old - he's turning 26 this summer - but I feel like if the Raptors are moving Lowry they should tear the whole thing down and start fresh.
I'm happy either way, we need a fresh impetus into the starting line up, that much is clear.

DeRozan must have more value that the 10th pick in the draft, perhaps if we were getting more I would be more interested in moving him.
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Moderator
Photobucket
 
Porn Player's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Jolly Ingerland..
Age: 31
Posts: 35,113
Mentioned: 466 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Stole this post.

It's a list of players that we've brought in for workouts for the 20th pick. Those in bold are first round picks around our draft area. Those in italics are players slated in the second round. The rest may or may not get drafted and could be a part of our summer league team.

Jerian Grant
Chavaughn Lewis
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Justin Anderson

Maurice Walker
Dallin Bachynski
Norman Powell
Rashad Vaughn
Duje Dukan
Christian Wood
Michale Kyser (X2)

Darion Atkins
Delon Wright
Jabril Trawick
Kevon Looney
Cliff Alexander
Montrezl Harrell
Terry Rozier
R.J. Hunter

Phil Greene IV
J.P. Tokoto
Tekele Cotton
Jarekious Bradley
Richaun Holmes
Stefan Nastic
Dakari Johnson
__________________
Porn Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
Photobucket
 

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,493
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn Player View Post
DeRozan must have more value that the 10th pick in the draft, perhaps if we were getting more I would be more interested in moving him.
Eh......I don't know. The 10th pick, in a draft where that's still pretty solidly in the second tier of players, a year ahead of where Toronto has their own pick and the lower of NY/Denver, isn't bad value. I don't think anyone around the league looks at him as a franchise piece.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
KVBL Champion
 
scdn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

I don't think they will tear it down a year before hosting the ASG.
scdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
KVBL Champion
 
scdn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
re: 2015 Draft | Raps pick Delon Wright & Norman Powell

I unfortunately do not have a pulse on a lot of the prospects. But from what I've read I wouldn't mind Looney.
scdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 2013 BasketballBoards.net.