Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Ellis shoots extremely well from midrange. I dont think Curry will have that problem either. Curry also has decent ball handling skills, its whether he can take the hits that Monta deals with that will answer the slashing question

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
now curry has to come out this year right? he doesn't need the money(i wouldn't think anyway), but his stock isn't going to get any higher.

i still think he's just a backup good shooter on the nba level though. for him to ever get big minutes on an nba team, he either needs to have the skills to play pg(which i don't think he does) or play with a lebron/kobe/tmac/wade/roy type wing that is going to be the primary ball handler once the ball crosses half court so he can utilize his off ball game and shooting ability.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think people tend to look at his outside shooting too much because he takes so many shots from there. granted i only seen him these past 2 games, but he can easily take people off the dribble, he is very quick, and he can finish inside around bigs. there was 1 play in particular in yesterdays game, 2nd half, he was left open under the basket, got the ball, but waited for a defender to get closer jumped into him and made the lay=up plus 1. that made me think of AI.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
he has two more years to develop and he seems pretty motivated i think he is going to be fine

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
He is not going to be a point guard, he doesn't play like one, I have a hard time believing he can develop those skills and the mindset now that he has shown what a scorer he can be. He should focus on getting stronger and becoming a better athlete, but he will definitely have a place on the NBA because of his basketball IQ. That is one thing you can only teach to a certain point and he seems to be able to get where he wants to despite his lack of height and strength. I'm curious to see how he is going to develop.

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
From Chad Ford

So ... will he follow in his father Dell Curry's footsteps into the NBA?

Up until last weekend the general consensus was no. Scouts thought Curry was too small to be a 2-guard in the pros and lacked the handle and court vision to be a point guard. Combine that with his so-so athleticism and Curry's draft chances didn't seem all that good.

However, the tone has changed among scouts after last weekend's performances. Curry's ability to figure out defenses and absolutely torch them in the second half has scouts wondering if he's brilliant enough to overcome his physical limitations.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TourneyWatch-080327&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TourneyWatch-080327

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If I am Curry, I stay the whole four years, because it's pretty much guaranteed he will have a career in Europe, but it's not a guarantee he will stick in the NBA.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
if gerry mcnamarra cant find a spot in the NBA, how is this kid supposed to?? i love his story, love what he's doing, but in the nba he's just not physically gifted enough....

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
if he puts up 30+ against Kansas I think he is a 1st round pick and should leave this year

I have confidence that he will be able to contribute in the NBA but unfortunately I have a feeling he might become Juan Dixon

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
If Daniel Gibson can be an effective guard in this league, I don't see why Curry could not have the same impact in a similar situation.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
if gerry mcnamarra cant find a spot in the NBA, how is this kid supposed to?? i love his story, love what he's doing, but in the nba he's just not physically gifted enough....
You dont watch a lot of college basketball do you?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You dont watch a lot of college basketball do you?
do you??? curry will have to be a PG in the NBA, mcnarra was a PG in college.....Curry shoots slightly better than GMAC, but mcnamarra was deadly as well........curry's come up big, but mcnamarra has been clutch plenty of times both in the tourment and the big east tourney, where exactly is the analogy wrong?? i know curry's a great story, but get off his jock when a month ago scouts and 99% of the people outside davidson didnt even know or care about the guy.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Curry can handle the basketball. I don't get this with every good player that can shoot and score. If someone can shoot, people automatically call them a shooting guard. Just because a guy has a jumpshot doesn't mean he can't play the point. Curry even said it himself that coming out of HS he was a point guard. McKillop made him the 2, because a) he had a great point already in Jason Richards and b) because Curry's jumpshot is a damn weapon capable of getting Davidson 25+ points a night.

We have already seen Curry handle the ball, he's easily better at it than Scottie Reynolds, Chris Lofton and a host of other players. Regardless, the guy is a world class shooter, with the same exact form as his father. If nothing else he will land on the Bobcats. He will stick in the NBA. This is the same league after all that Darrick Martin has played in for over a decade.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
If Daniel Gibson can be an effective guard in this league, I don't see why Curry could not have the same impact in a similar situation.
i agree. that's why i said in some thread(not sure if it was this one) for curry to ever really get big minutes in the nba he's going to have to play with a lebron, kobe, wade, tmac, brandon roy type of guy who is the primary ball handler when the team gets in their offense.

·
Registered
690 Posts
do you??? curry will have to be a PG in the NBA, mcnarra was a PG in college.....Curry shoots slightly better than GMAC,but mcnamarra was deadly as well........curry's come up big, but mcnamarra has been clutch plenty of times both in the tourment and the big east tourney, where exactly is the analogy wrong?? i know curry's a great story, but get off his jock when a month ago scouts and 99% of the people outside davidson didnt even know or care about the guy.

Lol.

GMac Career % at Syracuse: 3P = 35.4% FG = 37.0%

Curry at Davidson: 3P = 42.9% FG = 47.6%

41 - 60 of 175 Posts